Small living room design ideas – your living room should be a place where you can feel comfortable, let down your guard, and spend quality time with family, friends, or just yourself.
If you’re looking for some inspo to redesign your usual boring living room, then you’re in the right place, my dear!
Whether your style is modern, bold or subdued, minimalistic, or eclectic, we’ve gathered up some of the best small living room designs and ideas from Pinterest for you to choose from!
But before we dive into it, let’s first talk about a few designer tips and tricks on how to supersize your space to make your room feel perfectly proportioned.
How do you style a small living room?
1. Create space using mirrors. A tried and tested trick but it actually works! Create an illusion of space by simply adding more mirrors, or better still, add an over-sized mirror to cover an entire wall.
2. Hang baskets to provide extra wall storage. Hanging from decorative hooks that can take a lot of weight, baskets are great for quick end-of-day tidy-ups for toys, books, magazines, iPad, and all the other stuff that tends to lay around.
3. Swap your sofa for a snuggler. A bulky sofa can eat up living room space quickly, so if you have an especially tiny room, ask yourself if you could manage with an equally comfy but far less invasive ‘snuggler’. Also known as a 1.5 seater, it can easily accommodate a parent and child – or a cuddly couple.
4. Choose light colors for the walls. Shades like pale blue/greys, blush pinks, and dusky lilacs will make any small living room feel fresh and inviting. Steer clear of brilliant whites and instead pick those with a subtle green, grey, or taupe tone.
5. Use stools as seats. Stools take up far less room than bulky armchairs and can be easily maneuvered.
6. Invest in multi-functional furniture. Multi-functional pieces of furniture like a coffee table, which doubles as a storage bin, allows you to clear away any clutter. You could also invest in lidded stools or even a sofa with storage under the seat.
7. Use lighting to your advantage. Mark out a living space with an overhanging pendant light and carefully positioned round coffee table. The two pieces work together to create a focal point around which you can sit a couple of chairs and add floor cushions or stools when guests visit.
8. Maximize storage potential. Floating shelves are perfect for small rooms because they can hold a lot of things on a wall or in alcoves, or choose bespoke fitted, floor-to-ceiling shelves and cupboards that make use of every inch of spare space.
Alright! Now that we’ve got the basics covered, here’s our top list for the most stunning small living room design ideas. Enjoy these beautiful pictures for your inspiration!
PIN THIS FOR LATER!
50 Small Living Room Design Ideas Worth Stealing
(This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosures here.)
1. Beautiful Boho Inspired Small Space Living Room
2. Living Room Design with Neutral Colors
3. White and Clean Living Room Design
4. Cool and simple makeshift lounge for small room space.
5. Super Cozy Small Living Room Idea
6. Living Room with Decorative Wall Paintings
7. Retro Inspired Living Room Design Ideas
8. Eclectic Living Room with Nice Blue Sofa
9. An Artistic Living Room Design
10. A Simple and Modern Living Room Idea
11. Relaxing Small Living Room Design
12. Yellow Warm Living Room Decor Ideas
13. Beautiful Living Room Idea with Yellow Sofa
Source Old Brand New
14. A Modern Bohemian Living Room
15. Comfy Boho Living Room Bursting with Colors
16. Colorful Living Room Design with a Touch of Vintage
Source Apartment Therapy
17. Jungalow Living Room Accented by Leafy Green Plants, Midcentury Chandelier, and Pattern Rug
18. Pink and Blue Living Room
19. Modern Minimalist Living Room
20. Simple and Classic Living Room Design
21. A beautiful mixture of crazy designs and colors actually works in this living room!
22. Green Living Room with walls inspired by early-1900s trellised spaces
23. Amazing Living Room Design with Pink & Mustard Combo
Image via Bari J. Designs
24. Perfectly colorful living room with pops of bright blue
Source The Spruce
25. Pretty in Pink Living Room
26. Stunning Living Room with Interesting Wall Art
27. The most colorful living room I’ve seen!
Image Via @studiomucci
28. A Quirky, Pop art-inspired Living Room Design
29. Another Eclectic Living Room Inspo
30. Creative Living Room Wall Gallery Design Ideas
31. An adorable living room with an adorable buddy.
32. Stylish Living Room on a Budget
33. Cozy Living Room Decor for Small, Modern, Boho, or Rustic Living Room
34. Modern Living Room Design
Source Body Art Style
So many great small living room design ideas here, right? Which one’s your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more amazing home ideas? You’ll love our awesome posts below!
- 28 Small Bedroom Organization Ideas That Are Smart and Stylish
- Small Kitchen Storage Ideas To Help Maximize Space
- 11 Genius Space-Saving Ideas for Your Small Bedroom
If you find this article useful, please share it on Facebook or Pinterest. Thank you for visiting Sharp Aspirant!
Follow us on PINTEREST for more small living room design ideas!